Alice and Brian – October 22, 2011
More couples are finding the weather in the San Francisco Bay Area to be more pleasant in October now that we don’t turn the clocks back for another few weeks. This year was no exception, and Brian and Alice couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful day to have a San Jose wedding reception at Cinnabar Hills Golf Club.
When I first met the groom, Brian, I’ll admit that I wasn’t sure how far I could push the humor element that day. But as we started planning, he began to open up and let me work some magic that ultimately led to a memorable evening entertaining their guests. Serving as Master of Ceremonies, I presented a very delicate but cute and silly Love Story — mostly thanks to the proposal details submitted by Brian.
Earlier in the evening, I had set the tone with an upbeat and customized introduction of their wedding party. It was especially moving for me, because it was perhaps the first time I’d been able to talk about a “near-death” experience… and NOT be joking about it. However, to see the smiles and the tears on everyone’s faces made it worth every minute. (Check out the photos below!)
When we finally got to dancing, I was competing a little with the ever popular photobooth from my friends at Photoworks Interactive. But with a little help from photographer Patrick Ang, we pulled every guest onto the dance floor for a group photo and partied hard for the next few hours. Being a wedding DJ has advantages to other types of events, mostly because everyone is already there to have a good time! Brian and Alice, and their friends and families, were no exception.
• Wedding Party Introductions: “Get Ready For This” by 2 Unlimited (old San Jose Sharks theme)
• Bride and Groom Introduction: “Beautiful Day” by U2
• Bride and Groom First Dance: “Lucky” by Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
• Father-Daughter Dance: “I Loved Her First” by Heartland
• Longevity Dance: “You’re Still The One” by Shania Twain
• Cake Cutting: “Sugar, Sugar” by The Archies
• Bouquet Toss: “Independent Woman” by Destiny’s Child
• Garter Toss: “Take A Look Around” by Limp Bizkit
• Last Dance: “We Go Together” from Grease Soundtrack