Colorful Cocktails Inspired by Pantone’s Spring 2013 Palette
A recent post by Jennifer Sbranti, founder of Hostess with the Mostess, explored ways to utilize the ten colors from the PANTONE fashion color report of 2013. With colors like Lemon Zest and Nectarine, they just call to have a tasty apéritif for you wedding celebration or other special event. In fact, I’ve included the recipe for my own interpretation of nectarine towards the bottom of this post.
Nectarine+Mint Rum Cocktail
• 3 slices of nectarine
• 5 mint leaves
• 2 sugar cubes -or- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
• 1/2 ounce lime
• 1 ounce Myers’s Premium White Rum
• 1 ounce Myers’s Original Dark Rum
1. In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, smush the nectarine slices, mint leaves, sugar cubes, and lime until juicy.
2. Fill a old-fashioned (or other short) glass with cubed ice.
3. Fill cocktail shaker with ice and shake mixture vigorously for 15-20 seconds.
4. Straining only the ice, pour the cocktail over ice in your old-fashioned glass.
5. Umbrella or nectarine wedge garnish is optional… Enjoy!